logo villa Elodia italiano english
villa elodia facciata

Historic notes

Since its origin, Villa Elodia, with its outbuildings and lands around, was owned by the noble Venetian family of Rubini. Active in the field of silk, the Rubini opened spinning mills in Veneto and Friuli, also becoming suppliers of fine fabrics to the Imperial House of Austria.
At the end of XIX century, the villa passed by marriage to the della Noce, an important Piedmontese family and later to the family of Orgnani when Elodia Orgnani Martina bought the house for herself and her husband, the Venetian Sandro Cipollato, in 1954.

For a discussion on family Orgnani please visit www.orgnani.it